Call for Pitches
Call for Pitches
28 August 2015
Theatre Company Rifco, are offering 5 seed commissions to British Asian artists both emerging and mid career to support them to create a piece of work.
We welcome proposal for ideas across a variety platforms: theatre, dance, spoken word/poetry, music and stand-up.
Deadline for submissions: 5pm on Friday 18th September 2015
We are looking for ideas that celebrate/represent British Asian culture. Successful applicants will be commissioned to create a 15-minute piece which will be presented at a sharing at our home at Watford Palace Theatre in January 2016.
This seed fund is to support established artists to create a new piece of work i.e. second play. We would prefer artists to have had some experience in their chosen art form.
What are Rifco Associates:
Rifco has made a commitment to developing and nurturing emerging and mid career British Asian and South Asian Artists, which celebrates the diversity in British voices and contemporary fusion of cultures. To support Rifco’s advocacy of this mission within the Arts it is establishing a network of Associates across the UK who have worked with us to evolve their own art form through commissions, workshops and mentoring.
What's on offer:
- £500 seed commission fee and up to £200 expenses
- Producer advice/creative feedback during development and realisation
- Production and marketing support to present the 15-minute scratch performance in the Studio at Watford Palace Theatre
- Up to 3 actors/actresses to rehearse with and perform
- Support and advocacy in exploring the life of the project and you as an artist beyond the initial commission.
18 Sept 2015 - Submission Deadline
28 Sept 2015 - Successful applicants selected
w/c 18 January 2016 - Rehearsal (one day per artist)
22 Jan 2016 - Sharing
How to apply:
Write us a proposal to tell us what you would like to present (one-side A4 max). Including:
- Name, Address and Telephone number
- information about you and your artistic practice
- project title
- what you want to do and how you plan on presenting it in a 15-minute scratch sharing (max 3 performers)
- what you imagine the development and production process will involve and need
- what interests you about engaging with Rifco
- links to websites and other information about you and your work
- download and complete the equal opportunities monitoring form.
Email your completed application to [email protected] with the subject line: [Your Name] Seed Commission Proposal. Make sure the proposal and any attachments are all in the same ONE email.
Rifco are an award winning Theatre Company that develops and creates vibrant, accessible and high quality theatre which reflects and celebrates the contemporary British Asian experience.
For over a decade, Rifco have been pushing the boundaries and introducing a new kind of audience to the world of theatre and new work which reflects and celebrates the contemporary multicultural world we live in. Developing and creating vibrant, accessible and high quality theatre to encourage and engage new and diverse audiences.
Our success lies in knowing what our audience wants. We constantly strive to produce great and watchable art that educates without preaching. We want our audience to deal with current topics and at times taboo subjects whilst being able to laugh at the world we live in.
We focus on artistic excellence, new writing and ambitious programming. We believe in artist development; working with new writers, nurturing young artists and creating new and exciting work, involving the community every step of the way.
Rifco is an Arts Council of England National Portfolio organisation.
For further information or to discuss the commission [email protected] / 01923 810 305.