Artist Development Scheme
Rifco has made a commitment to developing and nurturing British Asian and South Asian Artists to celebrate the diversity in British voices and contemporary fusion of cultures.
Rifco Associates is a two-year rolling programme of support for artists at the beginning of their careers. This structured programme of support is about opening up access to a wider range of artists. Celebrating the voices of British Asian contemporary artists on stage.
There is a bespoke approach to each artist through a programme of small commissions, workshops and peer-to-peer mentoring.
The Rifco Associates programme is structured as Year One and Year Two with an initial one-year commitment to three artists. A proportion of artists are then supported for a second year:
- Initial meeting to dicuss ideas and identify where each artist needs guidance
- Artists are granted a seed commission of £500 to research and develop a new idea
- An industry mentor acts as a Critical Friend to each artist with two progress meetings to support realising ideas, signposting other resources and organisations and critiquing artistic process
- Providing a platform event for artists to share initial ideas with each other, mentor and a carefully selected group of industry peers
- Two Associate Learn & Share Days providing the opportunity to skill share
- Advice from Rifco staff team in a range of arts management topics
- Meeting to discuss initial seed commission and identify next steps
- Bespoke Support Plan developed with budget
- An Industry mentor to act as a Critical Friend, which may be the same as Year One. Two progress meetings to support Associates including critiquing artistic process
- Provide an opportunity for Associates to show their work to a wider audience and the wider industry if appropriate
- Rifco team to provide signposts to ensure that Associates have a solid pathway in to the wider industry
If you would like to find out more about the Rifco Associates Scheme please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Find out more about the the artists we are working with and their work on the Rifco Associates Blog: rifcoassociates.blogspot.co.uk